Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hi everyone! My name is Rhea Williams and I am a special educator in Western NY. I am blogging to report what I am currently learning about on how to use technology in the classroom with and for your students. Yesterday, I discovered Fakebook for the first time. It did in fact look a lot like facebook that most people are using today. As I explored Fakebook I realized that students could really benefit from it and have fun using it at the same time! Students are constantly talking about how they are all on facebook and how they are all friends with each other, so why not incorporate something they are familiar with into their everyday learning? So much could be done with fakebook such as author studies, theme studies, presentations and could also be used as a discussion board for certain topics.

I was also introduced to linoit.com yesterday and I had the chance to explore that as well. It is an interactive online poster board where you can post sticky notes or pictures to the board. I could see this being used a TON of different ways in the classroom. It is very interactive and changes things up a bit from the regular paper and pencil writing.

This is my first time using a blog, so I hope as I post to you I can learn more about it and how I could use a blog in my classroom as well. If anyone has any blog ideas for me please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment