Thursday, July 12, 2012

The things I have learned the past two days has been so neat and a little bit overwhelming!

Yesterday when my group and I met for our Glog assignment we got to use Glogger and it was the first time for all of us. It was very frustrating at first, but the site has awesome capabilities. I think this would be a really neat tool to use in the classroom for students to create something that is unique to themselves. I really think students would pick up on it much easier than my group and I did!

Today, I spent a lot of time looking at the "flipped classroom" approach. After I watched the videos I was really interested. I want to keep looking into it because it seems like it can be really effective. My only concern is that out of all the examples that I saw it only showed it being used in middle/high schools. I want to find ways to use this strategy with elementary students because I think it will really prepare them for future endeavors. I like how it makes the students responsible for their actions and for their work. I am looking forward to my classmates posts on the flipped classroom and see if they have any ideas for elementary implementation!

No comments:

Post a Comment