Friday, July 13, 2012

Today I learned a lot of neat ways to storyboard and put together digital stories! I chose to do my personal digital story on the life cycle of a butterfly since it is a unit that I cover every year. I thought it would be neat to have my students create a digital story as a sort of assessment at the end of the unit. I would like to use the one that I create as an example for my students to see next year. So far, I have decided to use Jason Ohler's graphic organizer to storyboard and I am still deciding on what program I am going to use to actually put my digital story together!

My peers and I also discussed the topic of a flipped classroom today. I had so many questions on how to implement at the elementary level and I'm glad I'm not the only one who has questions. Rather than flipping the classroom totally, the idea of flipped teaching was brought up, which is something I really want to try. Flipped teaching is when not all of the lessons are flipped, but maybe a few throughout the year just to introduce it to students and see how well they react. If flipped teaching is effective you could use it more and more at a pace that is comfortable for you and your students!

No comments:

Post a Comment